- Exciting generalist HR position within Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service
- Highly attractive remuneration circa $70,000 plus super, annual airfares and salary sacrificing
- Genuine career progression opportunities for the right person
- Enjoy 5 weeks leave per year, giving you time to explore the magnificent region; camping, fishing and four-wheel driving!
About the Organisation
The Yura Yungi Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation (YYMS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS). The YYMS's functions include providing comprehensive primary health care services to the Aboriginal populations and others in and around Halls Creek. The service provides primary health care clinical services and population health programs in Halls Creek and at the outlying Ringer's Soak community.
About Halls Creek
Halls Creek, a boom town at the heart of the Kimberley region is a busy service town for surrounding pastoralists, Aboriginal communities and travellers exploring northern Western Australia. Halls Creek is also the fourth fastest growing shire within Western Australia.
Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek is a cultural epicenter with 6 great art centers within the district and is the gateway to a range of world renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park and Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater (the second largest on earth with a diameter of 850 meters).
Halls Creek is just 1200 kms from Darwin, 700 kms from Broome and 1,050 kms to Alice Springs, offering you the opportunity to explore more of the beautiful Australian outback in your spare time.
About the Opportunity
The Yura Yungi Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation has an opportunity for a highly motivated HR Officer to join their team based at Halls Creek, WA, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Quality and Risk Manager and supported by the CEO and senior management team, the HR Officer is primarily responsible for the implementation of services, procedures, policies and programs within the human resources function that will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture and support recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Specifically, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the CEO and senior management team in the recruitment and selection of new YYMS staff;
- Maintaining personnel files for employees including APRAH registration, National Police clearances; Working with Children Checks and other credentialing;
- Conducting new staff inductions, orientations and ongoing training; and
- Together with KAMS HR ensure compliance with relevant legislations and Industrial Relations policies.
To be considered for this position you will hold a minimum of a Certificate II in Human Resources, Business or equivalent and have at least 12 months previous experience in a similar role and a general awareness of the current employment legislation.
Critical to your success will be a 'can do' attitude, enthusiasm, flexibility and the willingness to learn and do further training as required to improve your skills et and ability in the role. You will be a team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a high-volume environment.
You'll also need a current C-class, manual driver's licence, a working with children check (or be eligible to obtain) and be willing to undertake a national police clearance. Most of all, you'll be passionate about becoming involved in the lives of Aboriginal children and their families around Halls Creek.
People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Benefits
YYMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. You'll enjoy an incredible level of variety, with new learning opportunities and challenges each and every day!
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration circa $70,000 plus super, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Annual airfares after 12 months employment (up to $2,000 p.a for people relocating to the region);
- Salary packaging options; and
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, progress your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in a stunning outback location this is the role for you - apply now!