Compliance and Risk Manager
- Autonomous senior leadership opportunity for a proven Compliance and Risk Manager
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service supporting Indigenous communities in the spectacular Kimberley region
- Highly attractive remuneration circa $120,000 plus super, annual airfares and salary sacrificing
- Fully furnished accommodation available (2 bed, 2 bath)
- 5 weeks leave per year, giving you time to explore the magnificent region; camping, fishing and four-wheel driving!
About the Organisation
The Yura Yungi Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation (YYMS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS). The YYMS's functions include providing comprehensive primary health care services to the Aboriginal populations and others in and around Halls Creek. The service provides primary health care clinical services and population health programs in Halls Creek and at the outlying Ringer's Soak community.
About Halls Creek
Halls Creek, a boom town at the heart of the Kimberley region is a busy service town for surrounding pastoralists, Aboriginal communities and travellers exploring northern Western Australia. Halls Creek is also the fourth fastest growing shire within Western Australia.
Situated in the heart of the Kimberley, Halls Creek is a cultural epicenter with 6 great art centers within the district and is the gateway to a range of world renowned natural attractions, including the World Heritage listed Bungle Bungle ranges of Purnululu National Park and Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater (the second largest on earth with a diameter of 850 meters).
Halls Creek is just 1200 kms from Darwin, 700 kms from Broome and 1,050 kms to Alice Springs, offering you the opportunity to explore more of the beautiful Australian outback in your spare time.
About the Opportunity
The Yura Yungi Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation has a senior leadership opportunity for a Compliance and Risk Manager to join their team based at Halls Creek, WA, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the CEO this position will see you responsible for the management of quality and risk systems, projects and functions across the organisation.
Specifically, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic leadership in the area of quality and risk management systems and data analysis;
- Developing the CQI Action Plan and working with manager on delivering outcomes;
- Coordinating accreditation processes including audits, policies and procedures, action plans and employee education;
- Providing management with information and reports on clinical governance issues, trends and key performance indicators; and
- Preparing compliance reporting and presentations as required.
To be considered for this position you will hold tertiary qualifications in Business or related and have proven experience in a similar role. Any experience gained with an Aboriginal Medical Service will be highly regarded, as an understanding of how these services function will be key to your success.
This is a leadership role, providing direct supervision to the YYMS HR Officer and Finance Officer. Whilst the successful candidate will not be expected to be knowledge area experts in these two fields, you must be a strong people manager and have the confidence and ability to provide guidance and assist with problem-solving in these areas if and as required.
Importantly, YYMS is looking for someone who is hard working, passionate, happy to work with others and have a demonstrated commitment to quality, continuous improvement, occupational health and safety and risk management. Candidates with strong backgrounds in compliance reporting will be highly regarded.
Please note: Prior to commencement the successful candidate will need to hold a current C-class, manual driver's licence, a Working with Children Check and be willing to undertake a National Police Clearance. Most of all, you'll be passionate about becoming involved in the lives of Aboriginal children and their families around Halls Creek.
People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Benefits
YYMS is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. You'll enjoy an incredible level of variety, with new learning opportunities and challenges each and every day.
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration circa $120,000 plus super, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Annual airfares after 12 months employment (up to $2,000 p.a for people relocating to the region);
- Fully furnished accommodation (2 bed, 2 bath);
- Salary packaging options; and
- 5 weeks of annual leave per year.
You will also enjoy working in a close-knit and supportive work environment and be excited by potential opportunities to grow your career within the organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills, advance your career and enhance your cultural knowledge in a stunning outback location. Make a positive difference — Apply Now!
Please fill out you Personal Details below.